Step by Step Backlink Strategy For New Niche Sites
When you create a brand new niche site, it is imperative that you get the backlink strategy correct. I’m not saying that you should avoid failure or mistakes, but you should try to speed up your process a little.
That is why a step by step guide can come in handy.
The steps below are coming from different sources and are what I find to be a good way to boost a brand new site a little.
Instructions For Backlinking to a New Site
- Do not go head in first. Be aware that Google puts you in a sandbox with your new site, hundreds of low quality links will put your site at risk of penalties.
- Use the step by step guide slowly. Don’t do it all at once.
- Mind first layer and second layer backlinks.
- The amounts used in this guide are arbitrary and can be changed to apply to your situation. I usually use them as a guideline and change it as time goes by. However, it is important to have a goal to work towards.
First Layer Backlinks
First layer are those links that go directly to your niche site.
Step 1 – Build a Small Post Collection on Free Blogs
Following this layout and create 3 posts on each of these free blogs and web 2.0 directories.
Do not do any interlinking between these sites. Google may pick it up as you are trying to be fake it and penalize you. Once you are done with a blog, link from it to the relevant article on your main site.
For these smaller sites you can write anything from 3o0+ words per post. You can use PLR content that you rewrite, or you can outsource it to a seller on Fiverr for a couple of bucks.
Step 2 – Wikipedia Article Backlinks
Wikipedia is a general, but still strong site to get backlinks from. It can be useful to look for broken links, or you can add information to existing article and give your site as a reference or link to it directly from within the text.
Create 5 wikipedia article backlinks to the main site.
Step 3 – Article Directories
Sign up and get backlinks from article directories such as:
Try to write around 1-3 articles in each of these and get a backlink to your site. Most of these directories also allow you to use affiliate links. This is a good method to also monetize your marketing strategy. Link to your site, but also link to an affiliate product from the article itself and get small commissions.
Step 4 – Guestposting
Guestposting still works and is thriving. Some SEOs claim that it’s dead, but my use of it tells otherwise. The trick with guest posting is asking. You need to reach out to other bloggers and sites and ask for their permission to guest post.
You should try to get around 5 guest posts initially.
Here is how you ask for a guest post opportunity:
Hi [NAME], I'm sure you get a ton of spammy submissions so I'll get straight to the point - I'd love to submit a post for publishing on your site. If you're still accepting posts, please let me know and I can put together a draft for your approval. Links to recent posts: [POST NAME] - (2,500 words) [POST NAME] - (2,500 words) [POST NAME] - (1,300 words) Thank you for your time, [Your Name] [siteyouwanttopromote.com]
Step 5 – Directory Submissions
This one is a fishy, what is a relevant directory changes from time to time. And you have to look for new directories as you need a backlink. But make sure that the directory is alive and sites are actively applying to it.
Make 10 directory submissions.
Step 6 – Social Media Websites
Create an account and do posts on the following sites:
- Facebook (30 posts on a page over 30 days + 1 post in 10 groups)
- Tumblr – 10 posts over 30 days.
- Twitter – 20 tweets over 40 days.
- LinkedIn – 10 posts in groups over 40 days.
- Pinterest – 50 images to a board over 30 days.
- Triberr – share each article here (use Triberr WordPress Plugin)
Step 7 – Buy Backlinks
CAUTION! This is a step that can be overlooked unless you really know what you are looking for and are afraid it might hurt your site.
- Screen for sellers who can manually post ONE link on a high PR site.
- Look for sellers who sell ONE link on THEIR blog or platform.
- Only buy links that you can disavow (if needed), and come from a related site.
Step 8 – Submit a Press Release
Submit a press release about your site to 10-30 press release services.
Step 9 – Skype
Look for skype groups in which you can share your content. There are large groups for skype where marketers hang out.
Step 10 – YouTube
Create every post you make into a simple YouTube video and share it on the tube. This will get you more visitors, build additional authority and you will have a video to share in your post.
This is a long term strategy and it is really useful for niche sites. You can take the blog post you’ve created and turn it into a power point presentation. Then record your screen as you talk about the topic.
Second Layer Backlinks
Second layer links are those that go to another site that in turn links to your niche site.
Create second layer links (link to the linking page). You send these links to the smaller sites you built in Step 1.
- Do 10 blog comments to each of the above blog created.
- Do 10 social media links to each of the above.
- Do 10 links from forums and Q&A sites to each of the above.